What did I get done today? Absolutely NOTHING! I went to bed at 6:30 PM and had a "nap" and now I am going to do this and go back to bed! Lazy bum that I am.
WINNER FROM HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME DAY 1
REMEMBER I need to hear from you within 24 hours if you WIN so if you leave a comment check back the next day to see if you won!
Everyone who left a comment will be put in for the drawing on Sunday 12/12 for the Cricut Cake, this includes you too Jamie :)
How about more fun with FELT?
This is a pattern by my mother who is a professional craft designer.
Apparently there really IS a craft gene
This is a quick and inexpensive way to make your home festive.
1) Cut white felt to 32” x 13”.
2) Bring 13” edges together in the center overlapping by 5½”. Fold under top edge 2½”. This will create a 13” x 13” pillow.
3) Turn over and mark center of White pillow on both sides. Inside mark is now your show side for the poinsettia flower. Unfold and set aside.
To Make Poinsettia:
1) Cut 6 Red 6” x 6” squares.
2) Cut 3 Kelly Green 6” x 6” squares.
3) Cut 4 Yellow 2½” x 2½” squares.
4) Fold Red 6” x 6” square side corner to center overlapping. This makes the petal. Now sew and gather tight through the corner center fold and knot off.
5) Fold, sew and gather 6” x 6” as above.
6) Fold the 2 6” x 6” red squares bringing side corner to center. Sew and gather through centers. These are center petals.
7) Trim off excess material from the Red and Green petals being careful not to cut gathers.
8) Place Green leaves on center mark of white pillow in a triangle. Sew centers down.
9) Place 6 Red petals in a scattered pattern over and around the center mark and the leaves.
10) Sew the 2 Red 5” x 5” petals criss crossing on top of the above petals. This makes center small petals. For a little more finished look I sewed around the "petals"
11) Hand sew the 4 2½” x 2½” Yellow squares in a gathering stitch, on the edge. Stuff with fiber fill and pull the stitch tight, knot off. (You could use an old brooch instead for more BLING)
12) Sew the 3 Yellow pom-poms to center of above petals.
13) Refold the white pillow as in step 2-3 making sure Poinsettia is now inside and centered.
14) 2½” fold is under and overlap is on top layer.
15) Pin and sew 2 sides together using ¼” seam making sure not to sew flower petals into seam.
16) Turn outside in. Push all corners to points, fluff petals. Place pillow form into pillow. Close opening.
TUESDAY Dec 7th (Day 2/7)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME GIVEAWAY
A Berry Colored 6x6 album kit put together by ME :)
My LSS store is closing so I went in and coordinated a bunch of Basic Grey papers
along with some lace paper and a BUNCH of embellies so you can design your OWN
winter themed mini album
Remember you MUST be a follower and leave a comment for a chance to win
ALSO REMEMBER the code for CRICUTMACHINE.COM is good through my birthday for an addition 5% off. I know 5% doesn't sound like a LOT but they DO have some incredible pricing!
PLUS FREE SHIPPING TODAY!
PLUS FREE SHIPPING TODAY!
I am in no way affliated with CRICUTMACHINE.COM I just love to shop there and wrote in and asked if they would be willing to offer a discount to my blog readers! SEE...GREAT customer service!!